Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hi Everyone!
Well, I am settled in at the hospital and doing fine. This is Day 4 of chemo and although they said it would be four times stronger than my regular chemo, I feel fine. (Knock on wood) It is a bit confining here because they don't allow you to leave this area--if you walk around it 24 times it is a mile. Whooppee!! They have loaded me up with so many fluids that I have gained 10 pounds, which I am whining more about than having cancer--you think a person with no hair wouldn't be so vain, but it is bumming me out.
I have enjoyed reading everyone's notes--it definitely makes my day. I so appreciate all the good thoughts being sent my way. I will keep you all posted on my progress--I really think it is all going to be good.
Love to all,
Debbie

3 comments:

  1. Debbie you sound great!!! I love hearing your thoughts and staying updated on how the chemo is going. Deming and I are praying for you and know that you are surrounded my wonderful and caring people. Keep up the positive spirit and look forward to hearing more soon. Take care. Love - Syd and Dem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to chat with you on-line last night. So glad to hear that your chemo treatments aren't too bad. Hey no one at our age likes weight gain, so there is nothing vain about it!! You will have lots of time to remedy that situation and I am sure it will come off easily when all of this is done. If it makes you feel any better Pat gained 35 pounds by the time he finished his treatments!! The joy of steroids!!! Always thinking of you and look forward to getting together when this is all behind you!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie!
    I have been sending happy thoughts and prayers your way! So grad to hear that your spirits are high and you are feeling great. Your positive attitude is so inspiring! I hope you know how much we all love you! xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete