Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The waiting game continues...

I found this picture on my computer today from Christmas '06 and thought I'd include it. Ashley, my mom, and I look very different now but my dad looks exactly the same-silver flowing locks and all. We're missing Damian, of course, because he was a pretty new part of Ashley's life. Some things change, but my dad's hair isn't one of them ;)

My poor mom has STILL been waiting to get the final schedule for her transplant, but things continue to be up in the air. She just received an email from UCSD. I'm going to include part of it because let's face it, I'm just as confused as you all.

"I received a new e-mail from Dr. Castro. He DOES want you to have cycle 6 of chemo. So we are going to collect your precious stem cells, put them in the freezer, have your bone marrow recover a little, ( Dr. Castro to determine the time line, usually it's 1-2 weeks) and then have your chemo with Dr. Helton, then come back to us for the autologous stem cell transplant."

So there it is in all its vagueness. I'll let you know when we know FOR SURE when all of this is going to be happening. Let's pray for a Christmas miracle and hope she has this all behind her by February!!!! The lady is just desperate to get on with her life.

**I just checked the comments from the previous post. Thank you so much for offering to help. When it all finally starts we will definitely be needing you all! I'll keep you posted!**

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lauren and family - love the photo!! Such a beautiful family. Well...we look forward to the info after you know FOR SURE! What a pain! Deming has a conference in San Diego in February (week of Feb 15th) and I do believe I will be joining him...SO I would love to visit you all if you are up for it. I know that this is really far in advanced, but keep it in mind. Deming and I are thinking of you and hope you have a fabulous rest of your week. All our love and prayers. Love - Sydney and Deming

    ReplyDelete