Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Stem Cell Transplant Info

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful time at Ashley and Damian's with D's sweet family and the food was really delicious.
I wanted to update everyone on my mom's schedule for the next month, though it still is up in the air a bit. This is what she knows for sure:
December 3rd: Catheter gets put in
December 4th: Chemo at UCSD
Decemeber 14th-18: Stem cell collection at UCSD

This is the part that may change:
December 30: admitted to the hospital where she will get more chemo, then her stem cells will be put back
January 20: released from the hospital

For the next month, she's going to need round-the-clock care. Nancy Logan will be putting together a calendar of volunteers to come over to give my dad a much deserved break!
She is going to have crazy diet restrictions so I will post those later. Thanks in advance :)

6 comments:

  1. Lauren, Thank you so much for taking the time to explain what the stem cell treatment is all about.
    We are thinking of you, Debbie, and will continue to send you good thoughts during Dec. and Jan.
    We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.
    You look great despite what you are going through.
    Soon all of this will be just a bad memory, and you can start making some wonderful new memories!
    Love and hugs, Linda (Damian's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, thank you for the update. I check the blog often to keep informed of your mom's progress and you are doing a wonderful job.I am glad to hear that you had a nice Thanksgiving with your new extended family. I will get in touch with Nancy to make sure I can help during the next few months. I am available for whatever is needed. Debbie you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I can only imagine what a difficult time this is for you and your family. Soon this will all come to an end and you can put this behind you. Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Lauren! THank for the update my dear. It is nice to know what you and your family are going through - prayers have been sent and will continue to be sent:) Sounds like Thanksgiving was fun and I hope that these next couple months will be blessed and back to normal before your mom, and you all know it. I miss you all and think of you all constantly. Take care Lauren and much love from Colorado from Deming and me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you laueen for the update...i would love to help in anyway. (if debbie is comfortable with me helping) please let me know what roll or errand i can do and i'm there!
    prayers and love,
    danielle leopold

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Huddleston Family! I wish I was there to be with you during this time. Please let me know if there is anything you need! I would LOVE an excuse to come visit sunny San Diego- it was -2 degrees this morning! Burr! I am thinking of you all and praying for you! Love, Laura West

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update Lauren! Your family is always in my thoughts...please call me if there is anything I can do :)

    Best, Erin

    ReplyDelete