Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Yesterday my mom spent her birthday hooked up to an IV, of course without a single complaint. Today she has the chemo and I'm so sad I can't be there with her. School is back in session so I'm no longer able to sit through her insanely long treatments with her. I'm going home tomorrow to relieve my dad from nurse duty for a little, so I will let you know how she is doing then.
We got a little prematurely excited by her doctor's appointment last week and were brought back to reality the following day. Her other doctor at UCSD said that she would in fact finish the 6 rounds of treatment, bringing the chemo to a close the week of Christmas. We were really liking her other doctor's plan of only one more round after today, but the UCSD doc said that she is handling the treatment so well that she may as well go to Decemeber. Handling it well?? I think my mom would argue otherwise :)

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I am sure you are feeling very torn between work and helping your Mom. You are part of a wonderful, strong family and you will all help each other through this tough time. Please let us know if we can help in any way. We keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

    Sherrie and John

    ReplyDelete