Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yesterday was the first day of treatment. She received the same drug she had last time around, so it was pretty smooth sailing and there was little discomfort aside from being tired.
This morning she started the chemo and it may be too early to tell, but so far so good. She's been concerned about the nausea because, as she told the nurse, she was the woman who "threw up all nine months of both pregnancies." Despite that, the nurse told her that she shouldn't have a problem. They gave her both anti-nausea and hydrating fluids in her I.V. so we're all hoping that will do the trick. She's feeling a little fuzzy now and the nurse told her by tonight or tomorrow she will have a metallic taste in her mouth so we're going on a mission for bland food. The nurse told her she should lose her hair in 18-21 days, and she already has a super stylish wig on its way. For a second I thought she was going to reinvent herself as a blonde or a redhead, but alas she stuck to her brunette roots.
She's gotten some emails about people not being able to post comments and when Ash comes home tonight I'll get a tutorial so I can teach you all how!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Debbie! Lauren's posting reminds me of going with my mom to her first chemo treatment for lymphoma. She made it through several years ago, and is doing fine now. You will, too! Take care.
    Love, Linda A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Debbie,
    Ah...Dave just brought me my TV tray that I bought a year ago and never used. Well...now I hope to put it to good use!
    How are you feeling today? Did you get enough sleep? Do you have an appetite? Try to eat something. Oatmeal works well for me right now.
    Have you taken advantage of any of the flyers from your Doctor's office? I think I'll try to check them out today and I'll get back to you.
    Hang tight Deb...Whatever I can do...
    love,
    Ariel

    ReplyDelete